Home › Insurance Services › Commercial Insurance Services › Automobile Liability
The exposures that your business faces on the road require a separate insurance policy. Automobile Liability coverage is designed to address the third-party liability losses arising from the ownership, operation, maintenance or use of an automobile. Whether a true trucking risk or incidental auto exposures, anyone driving a vehicle is required by law to provide automobile insurance.
The Physical Damage section provides coverage for the property damage to the vehicles that you own, lease or in some instances borrow or rent (Hired Car Physical Damage). This coverage typically has two parts:
- Comprehensive coverage
- Collision coverage (Other coverages can be added such as towing and labor and rental reimbursement coverage)
Often times there are enhancements that can be added to broaden the coverage. These enhancements include:
- Automatic Waiver of Subrogation, where required by contract
- Automatic Additional Insured Status, where required by contract
- Removal of the Fellow Employee Exclusion
- Drive Other Car Coverage extends the Business Automobile Insurance to follow the Individual
- Lease Gap Coverage provides coverage for the difference between the cost to repair or replace the vehicle and the remaining cost of the lease requirement.
- Includes Employees as Insureds
- Compliant with state requirements
- MC-90 and other DOT filings available
- Large fleets can be rated on a composite rate basis, simplifying record keeping
- Pollution (upset and overturn) coverage can be added
- Garage Forms available for operations that are repairing vehicles for others
- Policy Forms: Provided on state-specific ISO form.
- Policy Term: Annual.
- Limits of Liability: Standard limits are $1M Combined Single Limit (CSL); higher limits to meet Department of Transportation requirements are available up to $5M CSL.
- Automobile Physical Damage valued on an Actual Cash Value basis, (replacement cost, less depreciation).
- Retentions: Wide selection of program structures to meet the client’s needs including: guaranteed cost, dividend programs, small, intermediate and large deductible options and retrospectively rated programs.
TSIB will assess your risks and advise you on the policy that is right for your company.