Pollution Legal Liability (PLL) Insurance
Pollution Legal Liability (PLL) is an environmental insurance policy that helps cover the environmental risks associated with owning, developing or operating a facility or site. PLL is also a risk-management tool, with coverage that can help protect buyers and sellers from environmental liabilities in business transactions, for instance, selling a building built on a brownfield (polluted site). PLL provides environmental coverage for losses due to on-site or off-site pollution conditions, coverage for pollution conditions resulting from transportation and coverage for owned or non-owned disposal site-related environmental liabilities.
- Provides coverage for past, current, and future environmental exposures.
- Provides assurance for unknown environmental liabilities in asset transactions.
- Commonly accepted in lieu of environmental indemnities or can be structured to wrap around indemnities.
- Insures against business interruption losses resulting from pollution conditions.
- Enhances financing prospects by allowing creditor protections.
- When broadly structured, can fill the gap found in most General Liability policies.
- Policy Term: Up to 10 years – Project policies insuring specific projects including completed operations coverage. Annual policies for single properties of large property schedules are available.
- Limits of Liability: Up to $100M per loss/$100M aggregate with any one particular carrier. Up to $250M per loss/$250M aggregate with all carriers layered.
- Retentions: $10,000 minimum
- Premiums: Start at $5,000 for a $1M per occurrence/$1M aggregate
Work with TSIB to truly understand your environmental risks and vulnerabilities associated with your facility or site.